A new version of the CSC’s Real Property Information System (RPIS) will be available to all members starting June 9th. In addition to the new Condo features, a number of smaller issues were addressed. Contact your DLS IT advisor to get the new version of RPIS. (CSC Cloud users will receive the update automatically – coming soon. Watch your email for a rollout date.)
We are hoping to have a user meeting, to review the new features, at the MAAO conference on Thursday morning June 25th, if we can find a room. More info shortly.
In addition to the new Condo features, a number of smaller issues were addressed.
Data Management and Valuation Enhancements:
- Modified condo data storage, reporting, and valuation as recommended by the CSC Condo Committee.
- Added Base Value and Base Rate fields to the Land table, and modifed Cost to populate them.
- The system now supports range edits on dates. The Low and High Values entered on the (useful for sale dates, bld permit, inspections etc.) Table/Column List screen will be applied to the year portion of the date. If the High Value is left blank or set to zero, then the current calendar year will be used as the upper value. This has been implemented in DMT, Transaction Processor, and Re-Edit.
- Added a parcel-based page number to the Parcel Listing report. (Good for lengthy parcels like camps or big commercial properties.)
- Column labels are now shown on the “column pick” screen for Parcel List and Audit List.
- Removed unused fields from the Table / Column List screen.
- Inactive columns are now excluded from column lists in Query Builder, Update Builder, etc.
- On the Query Builder screen, added processing for Key Level 2 tables.
- An Edit button has been added to the Query Builder screen to allow users to edit queries.
- Added a subquery wizard to Update Builder.
- In Image Maintenance:
- Added a “confirmation” dialog box to the Replace button, to address the problem of inadvertently clicking Replace instead of Add.
- When deleting a photo, deletion of the photo file is now allowed only if it is not referenced by any other parcel in the PICTURES table.
- When adding new photos, the program now makes sure the new file is not already referenced by another parcel in the PICTURES table.
- Added a Note button.
- Added Land (LND) to list of allowable photo types.
- Added support for various photo sizes (users can change the default size in Local Settings). A photo larger than the default size will be downsized; otherwise the size is not adjusted. In all cases, the original width-to-height ratio of the photo is maintained. This also works for photos taken in portrait mode.
- Fixed problem in Sketch where using the backspace key in the Label text box crashes Sketch and deletes the vector.
- Fixed problem with entering apostrophe in Name or Address on Search screen.